Saturday 28 April 2007

freedom

funny really. I wonder if we tend to make too big a deal about freedom. I have had a holiday today, noone stopping me from doing exactly what I wanted to do, doing all those things we presumably don't have time to do otherwise...and then there is today...spent more than half the day 'catching up on email', doing some 'work', justified my claim to dedication by sending a few 'official' mails at 7pm on a saturday! what did I do with the temporary freedom I had, nought! took me more than 16 hrs to get to this computer and the keyboard and doing what presumably has been my passion in life...writing!! or does it really take a long time for some mere mortals like me to break out of the internal shackles that bind us to this compulsion for 'productive work'. Anand would promptly quote Camus and say you are among "those silent men who, throughout the world, endure the life that has been made for them" or better still " The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." . Sreekanth would probably do the same. PK and Panya (my alter egos in more senses than one) would call it intellectual masturbation. Ekta is convinced she will go mad if she doesn't work for a day. My father never worried about these things...never had the time to. Nishwath just silently deals with this, she considers this empty intellectualization. little wonder that she doesn't know about this blog...yet :) I think some of us are just condemned to a life of boredom. reminds me of someone (don't remember who) who said, human nature is determined by his/her social interactions. In itself it is nought.

nought is what I experienced today! yet again...

No comments: