Monday 29 October 2007

of parallelism...

Panya: "ha ha ha!!! two parallel lines do meet sometimes!!!" (on one seeming point of convergence between us after years of disagreements on practically everything!)

Pakya: "yeah thats my point...even staying parallel without diverging is an indication of something naa? I don't think we should complain about being parallel :) "

funny I should quote myself, but as I was 'not' telling someone earlier today, I am making myself aware of the narcissist inside me. anyways the point was about parallel lines, not so much about just one of them lines.

have heard enough cliched arguments around 'agreeing to disagree', 'seeing the other's POV', 'empathy', but somehow none of them ever struck a chord for me. harmony and disagreement were always opposites for me. just looking back at the 30+ years that spans our friendship (panya and pakya), it struck me how uncommon it was.

garrulous, outgoing, flamboyant, assertive (even obnoxiously so sometimes :), spontaneous, adventurous panya...
quiet, reserved, withdrawn, agreeable (even pitiably so at times :), thoughtful, conformist pakya...

and one well timed common adventure with education has now given us a platform and a basis to challenge our individual notions and worldviews using common vocabulary. of course we don't have to live together all the time which lends the relationship the space to breathe!

so whats the point...nothing. just felt like saying this online :)

No comments: